More About Me
This blog is super out of date; I blame it on work and also trying to live.
Here’s a 2021 list of excellent dumb things that describe or rhyme with what I am:
- Chaotic-pensive computer scientist
- Confidence comes from base principles understanding, & doing. Not surface level shortcuts.
- Engineer of soul & style
- Indie director depending on the mood
- Business-principles-aware but impatiently so
- Proponent of egoless individuality, awareness, interestedness
- 50-50 logic & feelings fueled storyteller
- My DnD character has a ton of charisma in short & specific circumstances
- Half hotblooded half coldblooded anime protagonist
- Comfortable with complexity & n-dimensional space
- Would-be CEO of something small & wisely disruptive
- Hyperawareness. - means you can get overwhelmed, but have a large & nuanced bandwidth
- Protopian futures lover; also pessimist futurist - those are the true optimists
Check my portfolio for some projects and game-y things.
This page has a few things about what I encourage, do, or appreciate.
Here are some cool words:
reason, humour, imagination, talent, equal poise, flexible mindset, exponential mindset.
also, I understand base principles of many types of human work dynamics, and the Dunning Krueger Effect. TL;DR It’s like this:
Here’s what I like:
- clear but high-bandwidth input,
- juicy feedback / visuals,
- unique stimulus scapes through VR design
- liberating mechanics,
- emergent multiplayer shenanigans,
- fanbase meta social engagement,
- new ideas / approaches.
- game feel. mouth feel. (taste)
A few of the vidya I like, for reference:
|Valve stuff,||Kamyia stuff,||Shadow of the Colossus,||Psychonauts,||System Shock 2,||Gish,|
|Carmack stuff,||Mirror’s edge,||Guilty Gear,||Smash,||Legacy of Kain,||Echochrome,|
|Kojima stuff,||SureAI (eg Skywind)||Katamari Damacy,||Majora’s mask,||Thief 2,||N++ & Flat Heroes,|
|Jonathan Blow,||Riot stuff,||Jet Set Radio,||Metroid,||Gang Beasts,||AVGN Adventures,|
|Warren Spector,||Overwatch,||Beyond Good & Evil,||Jazz Jackrabbit,||Lethal League,||Skullgirls.|
Also, Titanfall 2, Watchdogs 2, Frog Fractions 2..
Here is a brief list of things I approve of:
- Making Business Personal
- Astronaut requirements == Job requirements
- John Cleese on Creativity
- Jonathan Blow on deep creativity
- Gabe Newell: Reflections of a video game maker
- John Carmack and SMU LYLE School of Engineering
- Octane Renderer for MRT light fields (VR)
- Art and Technology at Pixar
- Feng Zhu Design Cinema
- Ray Kurzweil
- Jennifer Doudna
- Super Best Friend Zaibatsu
You can notice me further at: