This blog ain’t super active because, in short, time spent writing is time spent not doing.
Check my portfolio for some projects.
This page has a few things about what I encourage, do, or appreciate.
Here are some cool words:
reason, humour, imagination, talent, equal poise, flexible mindset, exponential mindset.
Here’s what I like:
- clear but high-bandwidth input,
- juicy feedback / visuals,
- unique stimulus scapes through VR design
- liberating mechanics,
- emergent multiplayer shenanigans,
- fanbase meta social engagement,
- new ideas / approaches.
- game feel.
A few of the vidya I like, for reference:
|Valve stuff,||Kamyia stuff,||Shadow of the Colossus,||Psychonauts,||System Shock 2,||Gish,|
|Carmack stuff,||Mirror’s edge,||Guilty Gear,||Smash,||Legacy of Kain,||Echochrome,|
|Kojima stuff,||SureAI (eg Skywind)||Katamari Damacy,||Majora’s mask,||Thief 2,||N++ & Flat Heroes,|
|Jonathan Blow,||Riot stuff,||Jet Set Radio,||Metroid,||Gang Beasts,||AVGN Adventures,|
|Warren Spector,||Overwatch,||Beyond Good & Evil,||Jazz Jackrabbit,||Lethal League,||Skullgirls.|
Also, Titanfall 2, Watchdogs 2, Frog Fractions 2..
Here is a brief list of things I approve of:
- Making Business Personal
- Astronaut requirements == Job requirements
- John Cleese on Creativity
- Jonathan Blow on deep creativity
- Gabe Newell: Reflections of a video game maker
- John Carmack and SMU LYLE School of Engineering
- Octane Renderer for MRT light fields (VR)
- Art and Technology at Pixar
- Feng Zhu Design Cinema
- Elon Musk
- Ray Kurzweil
- Jennifer Doudna
- The Tek
- Super Best Friend Zaibatsu, Team FourStar, AVGN
You can notice me further at: